It’s really simple. Same method used to prepare regular Eko/Agidi is used to prepare this one too. The resultant dish, except this one has a brilliant golden yellow colour…
Wanna try some, see how below:
What you need
- Yellow ogi paste or powder (if you are using ogi powder, I suggest you dissolve in a small quantity of water to make a paste and leave for a few hours before use.)
What to do
- In pot, dissolve the ogi paste in 1 cup of water. Allow the paste to dissolve completely to avoid lumps forming during the cooking process.
- Add another 1-2 cups of hot boiling water to the dissolved paste and stir well with a wooden spoon. The amount of water added will determine thickness.
- Place the pot onto the stove and gently cook for about 5 minutes or so, stirring continuously until you achieve a smooth and thick texture/consistency similar to oats porridge.
- Wrap the cooked ogi in broad leaves (ewe gbodogi)) or any other suitable container such as a ramekin, foil container.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Serve with your preferred vegetable soup/stew
– CM Food Showcase is being published by Funke Koleosho